- One pound lentils, picked and washed
- Two-and-a-half cups broth
- Two cups canned diced tomatoes
- ½ cup celery, chopped
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- Two cups chopped onions
- Two carrots, sliced
- One bell pepper, chopped
- One bay leaf, dried
- Two tablespoons freshly chopped parsley
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried sage, crumbled
- 1/8 teaspoon marjoram, ground
- Eight ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Combine the beans with the other ingredients in the crockpot, minus the cheese. Then, stir to mix the ingredients properly. Cover the lid and set the slow cooker at HIGH. Then, cook the lentils until they’re soft, for two-and-a-half to three hours.
- Open the lid and add the cheese, then stir until it melts into the mixture. Then, taste the legumes and season to preference with pepper and salt. And once it’s done, serve with toppings of chopped parsley.
Another way to cook lentils at the proper duration can be watched here.