- Parchment Paper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit (any temperature between 350° F and 425°F – with or without convection – should work, but you will need to alter the duration and may require a few minutes under the broiler at the end to brown it up).
- If you are making sausage patties, make a 14-inch deep dimple in the center of the patty and a 34-inch diameter dimple – this will prevent the meat from ballooning up while cooking.
- Using a rimmed baking tray, evenly distribute the sausages to not touch them. I recommend baking in a non-stick pan. A squirt of PAM won’t hurt either. Alternatively, parchment paper or non-stick foil could be used.
- After 10 minutes, flip the sausage and bake for another 10 minutes. Rotate the sausage links if you’re you’re making them.
- Cook until the internal temperature reaches 165°F. If you want further browning, put it under the broiler for a few minutes.
You can watch this video recipe to cook sausage in the oven.