- You can start with the recipe by preheating the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Proceed to melt the butter in a small saucepan, then add the flour.
- You can now go ahead and season with salt and pepper after whisking in the milk.
- Then proceed to cook – stirring periodically with a whisk – until the sauce is smooth and boiling.
- Reduce the heat to low and add 1 cup of cheddar cheese.
- Half of the sliced potatoes should be placed in a lightly greased 1.5-quart casserole dish.
- Then proceed to make sure half of the cheese sauce should be poured over the potatoes.
- You can then place the second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce on top of the first. The remaining ½ cup of cheddar cheese should be sprinkled on top.
- To add some color, you can sprinkle with paprika.
- At 350°F, bake for about 1 hour, uncovered.
You can watch this video recipe to know how to cook scallop potatoes.