- Raw shrimps
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Pat the shrimp dry by blotting any excess moisture with paper towels, especially if your shrimps were frozen and have only been recently thawed.
- Toss the shrimp in the oil until evenly coated, either in a mixing bowl or directly on the baking sheet.
- For even cooking, make sure the shrimp are in an even layer (no overlapping), therefore arrange on a baking sheet.
- Add your seasoning
- Preheat the oven to broil for 2 minutes, or until the shrimp are a bright reddish-pink colour. Closely watch the shrimp to ensure they don’t overcook or undercook.
- As soon as the shrimps are ready, remove the baking sheet from the oven, transfer to a serving dish (or incorporate into whatever shrimp recipe you’re making), and serve warm.