- Preheat your oven till the temperature reaches 425 degrees Fahrenheit; make sure a rack is positioned in its center during this time.
- Cut 2 pounds of baby Yukon gold or red potatoes in halves. To make 2 tablespoons, chop fresh thyme or rosemary leaves into fine pieces.
- Arrange the cut potatoes on a baking sheet with a rim. Sprinkle the cut potatoes with the herbs, half a teaspoon of kosher salt, and ¼ teaspoon of black pepper, afterwards drizzle the potatoes with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Toss them to coat, then place the potatoes cut-side down in a single layer.
- Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are gently browned on the bottom and can readily be removed from the baking pan using a flat spatula. Toss the potatoes and roast them for 5 minutes extra, or until they’re all browned and tender.
- Serve your roasted potatoes hot with whatever garnish option or sides you prefer
Roasted baby potatoes are a simple and quick meal. You can also cook the potatoes at the same time as your main dish if you’re using them as a side dish in your recipe. These potatoes also work great as a quick appetizer, so feel free to enjoy them in any way you please.
In case you want more ideas or inspiration for cooking small potatoes, we recommend that you check out this video recipe.