- One pack ramen noodles (with seasoning packet)
- One large egg
- Two slices of American cheese
- ½ teaspoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- ½ scallion, green part only, sliced thinly on the bias
- Put enough water into a pot and let it reach a boil. Then, add the ramen and cook for two minutes. Stir in the seasoning and keep cooking for another 30 seconds.
- Turn the heat off and crack an egg into the ramen. Then, cover the lid and let the pot sit for one minute, so the egg poaches.
- Gently move the ramen and eggs to a serving bowl and add the butter, sesame seeds, and cheese. Mix everything and garnish the noodles with the sliced scallions. Serve hot.
Another egg-adding idea for ramen can be watched in this video recipe.