- Bring the baby back ribs to the kitchen counter and pat them dry with a paper towel if wet, then use a knife to carefully remove the membrane along with your hands and paper towels.
- Take a medium-sized bowl and add 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 teaspoons minced garlic, 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon kosher salt, 2 tablespoons liquid smoke, and 1 teaspoon ground mustard or ketchup.
- Mix well and use it as a dry rub on the baby back ribs.
- After that use a crockpot lining inside the pot if you wish (it would make cleanup easy) and place the ribs inside.
- Pour about a cup and a half of barbeque sauce or homemade sauce on the ribs.
- Cover the lid and cook on low for about 8 hours.
- After the time’s up, (you could check for doneness with a meat thermometer) remove the ribs from the slow cooker and place them on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Brush the remaining barbeque sauce and broil in an oven for about 4-5 minutes or grill for about 3-5 minutes. (You could wrap the ribs in a foil too if you’d like).
- Remove when caramelized, let it rest for a few minutes, and serve with any topping or dish you like.
Baby back ribs in a crockpot are very easy to achieve, follow these steps above for a great result or if you’d still like to see more ideas on how to make crockpot baby back ribs, check out this video recipe