- Six beef short ribs
- Three tablespoons olive oil, extra virgin
- Four garlic cloves, sliced into rounds
- Two medium yellow onions, chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- One teaspoon black pepper, ground
- One teaspoon paprika
- One teaspoon rosemary, dried
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon oregano, dried
- ½ teaspoon thyme, dried
- Parsley, freshly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Bring your oven to a temperature of 350°F. At the same time, salt the ribs, and set them aside. Heat the oil in a Dutch oven at medium-high heat. Brown the ribs in the oil in batches.
- Reduce the oil and the heat to medium-low, and pour in the chopped onions. Cook until the onions brown a bit. Put in half of the garlic and cook for about a minute.
- Add the short ribs to the pot, bone side facing down, and sprinkle the spice mix over it. Rub the spice mixture evenly into the ribs. Pour in the rest of the garlic and enough beef stock to cover the ribs halfway.
- Cover the Dutch oven and toss it in the oven. Braise the short ribs for 2 ½ hours. Check for doneness with a fork- the meat should almost fall off the bone at a gentle pull. Once ready, transfer the ribs to a platter and serve with your favorite sauce, gravy, or side dish.