- 4 bratwursts
- 1 medium-sized white onion
- 1 large green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper, sliced
- Malted beer/Broth of any type
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place a cast-iron skillet on the stove at medium-high, and bring to heat. Melt the butter, then add the brats. Sear on each side for 3 minutes. Add the pepper, onions.
- Pour in beer/broth till it’s almost halfway to the sausages. Cover the skillet and leave to cook for 6 minutes. Then, bring down and serve with some of the fried peppers.
- You can have brats with toasted hotdog buns, bread rolls, or even potato salads. You can also serve it with a side of vegetables, sauerkraut, noodles, or even with fries. Whichever way you prefer, enjoy your stovetop brats!
You can also follow this video recipe for more ideas about how to cook brats on the stove.