- 1 pound of fresh green beans, washed and trimmed
- Three tablespoons of water
- One tablespoon of butter
- Salt and pepper
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place the already washed and clipped green beans. Pour in about 2 to 3 tablespoons water, just enough to wet the bottom part of the bowl
- Microwave the green beans for about 4 to 6 minutes, just until they are barely soft; make sure that they are covered with a microwave-safe plate during this process.
- Remove the plate with care (the steam will be very hot, so take care not to hurt yourself), drain any excess liquid, and grease the bowl with about a tablespoon of butter. Toss the green beans to coat them, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve and enjoy your healthy meal!
If you’d like to see more recipe ideas for cooking fresh green beans in the microwave, we recommend this video recipe.