- You could either preheat the air fryer before adding your sausages or after adding your sausages, but for the best results, preheat the air fryer to 350° F.
- Remove the sausages from the packaging and place them properly without overlapping each other in the air fryer basket. (You could use some cooking spray on it before placing the Sausages, or you could choose not to).
- Place the air fryer basket back in and cook for about 25-20 minutes at 350° F.
- Half the time the sausage is put in or about 6-7 minutes after cooking, remove the air fryer basket and flip them to the other side.
- Let it cook for the remaining time and remove it when the time is up when it’s brown and crisp on the outside, it should be well cooked by now, but if you have a meat thermometer, you could check if it has gotten to a safe internal heat temperature of 160°F.
- You could serve the sausages in between buns with some veggies and mustard, or you could slice them up and serve with any topping or recipe.
Cooking in an air fryer is simple, and if you’d like more ideas or a better visual tutorial on how to cook Italian sausage in an air fryer, then you should check out this video recipe.