- 6 single-rib lamb chops about
- ½-inch thick
- ½ teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary or thyme
- 1 tablespoon ghee for frying
- Using kosher salt, pepper, garlic powder, and dried rosemary, season the lamb chops. 3 minutes over high heat in a big cast-iron skillet. Brush in the ghee until it is evenly distributed.
- Add the lamb chops to the pan. Cook them for 2-3 minutes on each side, depending on their thickness, aiming for an internal temperature of 135 degrees (medium-rare).
- Cook the edges for about 1 minute if the chops are thicker than 12 inches (some are 34 inches thick). Place the cooked chops on a serving plate, cover loosely with foil, and set aside for 5 minutes before serving.
Cooking lamb chops should become a lot easier and more seamless if you follow the procedures indicated below. You should make sure you’re buying the right ingredients and following the instructions for each cooking step. This video can also help you learn more.