- 1 lb ground beef (20% fat)/ Italian sausage (mild, sweet, or hot)/ lean ground turkey breast
- 1 pound ground veal
- 1 large fresh egg ( slightly beaten)
- 2 tbsps of olive oil
- ½ tbsp of milk (optional)
- 1/4 cup of freshly shredded parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- ½ tbsp of kosher salt
- ½ tbsp of fresh ground black peppers to taste
- 1 cup of sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cloves of diced/grated garlic or garlic powder
- 2 tbsps of freshly chopped parsley
- 1 cup of bread crumbs or crushed salted crackers
- 1/2 medium-sized red/white/yellow onion
- 2 tspns of diced fresh/dried basil or oregano (optional)
- Large-sized non-stick skillet
- Box cheese grater or blender
- Wooden spoon
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Sharp kitchen knife
- Mixing bowl and tongs
- Heat up some olive oil on your non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Nicely chop some onions and fry for a few minutes. After that, add in your tomato puree or paste and stir adding the other seasonings (kosher salt, black peppers, basil, etc) and cook for 10 minutes.
- In another mixing bowl, add the ground meat and the remaining ingredients (chopped parsley, grated cheese, milk, fresh eggs, breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper) and mix thoroughly with a spatula or a wooden spoon.
- Using a small-sized ice cream scooper, scoop out the meat mixture and make small rolls with your hands like that of a golf ball. Once done, add the meatballs to the tomato sauce and pour in half a cup of hot water and beef stock cube. Cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remember to occasionally turn the meatballs as it cooks covering them in the sauce and ensuring they’re golden brown. After 30 to 35 minutes, remove the tomato sauce meatballs and serve on a platter with some pasta.
There you have it… simple, yet a bit fancy and insanely delicious, these meatballs will leave you with an infilling satisfaction. To try out more meatball recipes, you can always check out this video recipe.