- Four pounds raw broccoli, cut and rinsed
- Four garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Two teaspoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Two teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1½ teaspoons black pepper, freshly ground
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- Set the oven to preheat at 425F, and spread the broccoli florets on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the garlic and drizzle some olive oil- about five tablespoons. Add the pepper and salt, toss in the oven, and roast for 25 minutes, till they’re crisp.
- Transfer the hot broccoli to a bowl, add the lemon juice, zest, Parmesan cheese, and half a tablespoon of olive oil. Toss immediately to mix, and serve hot.
Another easy way to cook broccoli can be seen in this video recipe.