- 4 Swordfish steaks (4–6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 11/2 tablespoons honey
- 11/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- Lemon wedges for serving
- Place the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, lemon zest, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl or resealable bag. Whisk thoroughly.
- Reserve one tablespoon of the marinade for later use. Add the garlic to the marinade and stir.
- Add the swordfish to the marinade.
- Cover the bowl or seal the bag, marinate in the refrigerator for up to 30 minutes or even ad long as 8hours.
- Remove the swordfish from the marinade; ensure to remove excess bits of garlic or herbs because they could burn on the grill.
- Preheat an outdoor or indoor grill pan to medium-high heat. Brush the grate with oil before adding the fish to avoid sticking to the pan. Cook the fish for 5-6 minutes on each side till swordfish becomes opaque.
- Brush the reserved marinade over the fish and then serve. You can serve with lemon wedges if you wish.
You can also follow this video tutorial for a great grilled swordfish recipe.