- Two 12-ounce firm or extra firm tofu pressed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Two tablespoons soy sauce
- Two tablespoons olive oil
- Three tablespoon cornstarch
- One teaspoon garlic powder
- Black pepper, ground
- Green onion, finely chopped
- Combine tofu with soy sauce in a bowl, and stir with a wooden spoon. In another bowl, combine cornstarch, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir properly and set aside.
- Place a skillet over medium heat and leave it to grow hot. Add a tablespoon of olive oil and let it spread.
- Move the tofu in with the cornstarch mix and gently stir, so the tofu cubes are coated.
- Toss tofu onto the pan, spread in one layer, and gently stir till it cooks for about three minutes. If the pan is too small, divide the cubes in half and cook in batches. Flip the cubes occasionally till all sides are brown. Add the marinade from the tofu mix at this point, and if it’s the first batch, only use half of it.
- Transfer the tofu cubes when ready, add the second batch, if any, and repeat process. Serve and garnish as you please.
Also, find more exciting ways to cook tofu on the stove in this video.