- Four tuna steaks, 6 ounces each
- Eight medium mushrooms, chopped
- Four tablespoons Italian parsley, finely chopped
- Three cloves garlic, minced
- Two medium onions, chopped
- Two tablespoons butter, unsalted
- One cup dry white wine
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Set the oven to preheat at 350F. Let the butter melt in a pan over medium heat and sauté the onions and garlic for three minutes. Next, toss in the mushrooms and cook for another five to seven minutes, stirring constantly.
- Arrange two layers of aluminum foil in four places, and place a tuna steak at the center of each foil sheet. Fold the edges so the foil forms a makeshift dish.
- Scoop a quarter of the sautéed mix onto each tuna steak, sprinkle pepper, salt, and parsley, and add a quarter cup of white wine over each steak.
- Tent the foil over the tuna steaks and seal the edges tightly. Then, place the foil-wrapped tuna steaks on a baking sheet and toss them in the oven.
- Bake the tuna steaks for about 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your preferred doneness.
Another impressive oven-cooked tuna steak in foil can be found here.