- A spoonful of vegetable oil or butter should first be rubbed into the rice cooker insert.
- Next, pour 1 cup of wild rice into the rice cooker, followed by 2 cups of water, and ½ teaspoon of kosher salt. Give the rice cooker a good shake to stir the ingredients together.
- Choose the brown or white rice rice cooking option on your rice cooker. Wild rice took approximately 45 to 55 minutes to cook in a rice cooker during the course of making this recipe.
- Allow the cooked wild rice to rest for 10 minutes once the cooking cycle is finished, then use a fork to fluff the rice before you serve.
If you need more ideas on how to cook wild rice in a rice cooker, take a look at this video recipe we’ve recommended for you.
- While testing this recipe, it was observed that not all the brands of wild rice produce the same results, particularly in terms of cooking time. This recipe tested all the cooking methods using Lundberg’s Wild rice blend and Reese Minnesota Wild Rice. Having said that, it’s important to note that the variation in cooking time was only about a few minutes.
This recipe makes delicious wild rice that can be eaten alone or added to soups, salads, or casserole recipes. Its nutty qualities quickly improve a dish, and we highly recommend it as a recipe to explore.