- 6 uncooked brats
- Beer, to cover
- 1 medium-large sweet onion, sliced
- Add the brats and onions to the bottom of a deep skillet. Add enough beer to cover the brats. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the brats are cooked through, the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.
- Remove the brats from the pan and set aside the beer and onion mixture.
- Place the brats onto a hot grill and grill until golden brown and return to the beer mixture until ready to serve.
- Serve on brats buns with the onions and mustard.