If you have ever wanted to know how to make beer brats this recipe is perfect for you. Beer brats are very easy to prepare and you only need 3 ingredients… bratwurst, beer, and onions. The brats are first simmered in a pot with beer and sliced onion and then placed onto the grill and browned. You can really use whatever type of beer you want but I like to use a good dark beer. With these brats I used Guinness. You can serve these on buns with the sliced onions and mustard. Enjoy.
[amazon box=”B08DBF7XP6,B07CW73YRC,B07QW1G8MW” grid=”3″]Print
- 6 uncooked brats
- Beer, to cover
- 1 medium-large sweet onion, sliced
- Add the brats and onions to the bottom of a deep skillet. Add enough beer to cover the brats. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the brats are cooked through, the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.
- Remove the brats from the pan and set aside the beer and onion mixture.
- Place the brats onto a hot grill and grill until golden brown and return to the beer mixture until ready to serve.
- Serve on brats buns with the onions and mustard.