These cranberry bbq meatballs are simple to make and delicious. These meatballs make a perfect appetizer for game day and go great served for dinner as well. The meatballs are prepared and then baked in the oven and then mixed with the cranberry sauce. The sauce is just a combination of cranberry sauce and bbq sauce. You can use your favorite brand of bbq sauce or even make your own if you want. I like to serve these meatballs with mac and cheese. These also go great served over rice. Enjoy.
- 1 14-ounce can cranberry sauce
- 1 17-ounce bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs or 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a large bowl mix together beef, egg, onion, breadcrumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix well using your hands. Shape the mixture into 1 and 1/2 inch meatballs. Place the meatballs into a greased 13×9 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until fully cooked, the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F.
- In a large deep skillet combine the cranberry sauce and bbq sauce and cook until bubbly and smooth. Add the cooked meatballs and toss to coat.