If you are wondering how to make chicken parmesan than this recipe is perfect for you. Chicken parmesan makes a delicious dinner and it is not hard to prepare at all. If you are not familiar with chicken parmesan, it is breaded chicken baked and topped with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese. This recipe does require a little bit of work breading and preparing the chicken for baking but it is well worth it. This dish is typically either baked or fried in the pan but I prefer a combination of both. The breaded chicken is first browned in oil and then placed into the oven to finish the cooking process. You can either use store-bought marinara sauce or even make your own if you choose. Chicken parmesan goes great served with linguini topped with extra marinara sauce. Enjoy. Adapted from DietTaste.
(Makes 2 Servings)Print
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded to ¼-inch thickness)
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg (beaten)
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- ½ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a pie dish or shallow plate combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, thyme, parsley, oregano, and paprika. In another pie dish or shallow plate add the flour and in yet another pie dish or shallow plate add the beaten egg. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Dredge the chicken first in flour, then dip in the egg, and then dredge in the breadcrumb and parmesan mixture.
- Heat about a ½ inch of vegetable oil in a large deep skillet to medium high heat. Add chicken and cook until the chicken is browned on one side, flip and cook until browned on the other side (do not cook all the way through). Remove the chicken from the pan and place into a greased oven safe baking dish. Top each chicken breast with marinara sauce.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). During the last few minutes of cooking top each chicken breast will shredded mozzarella cheese.