Oven-Roasted Acorn Squash (2 Servings)
- One acorn squash halved, seeds removed
- Two tablespoons softened butter
- One tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- Set the oven to preheat at 400F, and while you wait, spread the butter in each half of the squash.
- Mix the cinnamon and brown sugar in a bowl, and add a pinch of kosher salt. Combine the mixture thoroughly.
- Generously sprinkle the mixture on the squash halves, and place them with the cut side facing upwards on a baking sheet.
- Toss the sheet in the oven and roast for about an hour. The acorn squash should be ready when the flesh pierces and shreds quickly with a fork.