- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounces) can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 1 cup pecans (chopped)
- 2 cups bananas (chopped)
- ½ cup pecans (chopped)
- Cream cheese Frosting-
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese (softened)
- ½ cup butter or margarine (softened)
- 1 (16 ounces) package powdered sugar (sifted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, and cinnamon. Add eggs and oil, stirring until the dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas. Pour batter into 3 9” round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in cake pans on a wire rack for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove from the cake pans and cool completely.
- To make cream cheese frosting- In a mixing bowl beat cream cheese and butter. A little at a time add powdered sugar until the mixture is smooth. Add vanilla extract. Frost cake with the frosting and top with ½ cup chopped pecans.