Italian spaghetti is the most popular type of spaghetti there is. This particular spaghetti recipe offers a delicious meat sauce. The sauce is seasoned with various Italian seasonings such as oregano, garlic and basil. You can make adjustments to this recipe if you desire. For example, you could leave out the mushrooms or add more garlic. I enjoy adding pepperoni slices to my spaghetti sauce but that is totally optional. You will want to simmer the sauce for at least a 1 hour and 30 minutes. The longer the simmer the better the sauce will taste. This sauce freezes extremely well. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
Italian Spaghetti Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1lb spaghetti noodles (cooked)
- 1 1/2lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (6 ounces) can tomato paste
- 2 (16 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (28 ounces) can diced tomatoes
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- sliced pepperoni (optional)
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef, onion, mushrooms, and garlic. Season with bay leaves, oregano, basil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper. Add tomato paste, tomato sauce, and diced tomatoes.
- Add pepperoni. Mix well.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 1 ½ hour. Use spaghetti sauce on top with cooked noodles.
Thursday 27th of December 2012
I'll try this one, this coming new year.
Tuesday 24th of May 2011
I know I should be out grilling or something like that, but I just had to have some spaghetti tonight. For a simple fast and canned tomatoes this was great. I did kick up the garlic and the basile, the rest was just spot on. Thanks
Tuesday 29th of March 2011
I like your site and your ideal of showcasing the best recipes that you can find. But an Italian spaghetti without grated carrots AND canned tomatoes? Mama mia!! I'll write up my Great Nana's recipe and submit it to you if you'd like? May take awhile as it's been a long time as I do it from my head and the school load is huge at the moment, but I just can't let this recipe stand as the best you have tasted. I look forward to more interesting recipes (my fav so far being the Chinese Lemon Chicken!)