I always enjoy getting the mac and cheese from KFC as a side dish to go with the fried chicken. This copycat recipe for KFC mac and cheese makes a great side dish to go with dinner. This mac and cheese is fully prepared on the stovetop, no baking is required. A combination of Velveeta and shredded cheddar is used for the sauce. I like to serve this recipe with fried chicken. Enjoy.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 1/3 cups elbow macaroni
- 4 ounces Velveeta cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add the elbow macaroni to the water and cook it for 10 to 12 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- While the macaroni is cooking, prepare the sauce by combining Velveeta, cheddar, milk, and salt in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir often as the cheese melts into a smooth consistency.
- Drain the macaroni when it has finished cooking and place it back into the same pot that it was cooked in without the water.
- Add the cheese sauce to the macaroni and stir gently until the pasta is coated with the cheese. Serve immediately.