- lean ground turkey 20 oz
- fresh mozzarella cheese 4 oz
- egg, beaten 1 large
- breadcrumbs 1/2 cup
- garlic powder 1 1/2 Tsp
- fresh parsley, chopped finely 1 handful
- salt and pepper to taste
- vegetable oil
- preheat oven to 350. Pour vegetable oil on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine ground turkey, beaten egg, panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder and parsley in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cut mozzarella into 25 small pieces (about 3/4 – 1″inch squares). Take a small scoop of the meat mixture (about 2 tablespoons) and flatten it slightly in the palm of your hand. Place a piece of mozzarella in the center and wrap the meat around it, forming a ball. Take care to make sure the cheese is entirely sealed in your meatball. Roll on the baking sheet to coat with oil.
- Repeat with all meat, making roughly 20-24 meatballs, lining each on the baking sheet after rolling in oil. Place in the oven for 25 minutes or until browned and completely cooked, turning once half-way through cooking.
These can be prepared and frozen in advance for a quick weeknight meal. Just prepare as above, but do not coat in oil. Line meatballs on a baking sheet that will fit in the freezer and quick freeze them until set (about 2 hours). Then tightly wrap in a plastic bag and seal in a plastic container.