I had a few requests for the mushroom chicken from the Chinese buffet. Unfortunately, they don’t have mushroom chicken at any of the buffets where I live so I hope this is similar to what you’re looking for. I thought this recipe turned out great. I mean with mushrooms, zucchini, and chicken – you can’t go wrong! This recipe takes a little time to prepare but in the end, it’s well worth it. The sauce is really easy to make and is basically a combination of soy sauce, garlic, ginger, and balsamic vinegar. There was just enough sauce to cover the chicken, zucchini and mushrooms. So if you are serving with noodles or rice I would recommend doubling the sauce. As far as the chicken goes you can either use boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken thighs, whichever you prefer. I feel frying the chicken in a mixture of vegetable and sesame oil gives it great flavor. I have many more great recipes from the buffet to come in the near future. Enjoy.
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- cornstarch (for dusting)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 package fresh button mushrooms
- 4 small zucchini
- Cut chicken and zucchini into 1” chunks. Lightly dust chicken with a little bit of corn starch until lightly coated.
- Add vegetable and sesame oil to the wok and fry chicken pieces until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Add zucchini and mushrooms to the wok and stir fry for a few minutes. Add soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, minced fresh garlic, and ground ginger to the wok stirring to coat and stir fry until mushrooms and zucchini are fully cooked.
- Return chicken pieces to the wok and coat with sauce, heat thoroughly and serve.