If you enjoy the meat sauce at the Olive Garden Restaurant you will love this dish. This recipe is for the Bolognese sauce from Olive Garden. What is great about this sauce is that not only is it very delicious but it is also easy to prepare. The sauce uses a few simple ingredients to create an amazing meat sauce that can be served on top of pasta. Two different types of meats help to create this great sauce—ground beef and Italian sausage. Vegetables such as onion, carrot and celery are added into the mixture as well. The sauce then gets even more flavor from red wine and crushed tomatoes and is seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary and sage. This is a delicious sauce that can easily be prepared for dinner. Serve over pasta noodles and with garlic bread on the side. Enjoy.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 1 carrot (finely chopped)
- 1 celery stalk (finely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (finely chopped)
- 1/2lb ground beef
- 6 ounces Italian sausage (ground or casings removed)
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 (28 ounces) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped (or ¼ teaspoon dry rosemary)
- 1 teaspoon fresh sage, chopped (or ¼ teaspoon dry sage)
- salt and ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Be careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add the ground beef and Italian sausage and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat, while chopping up into chunks with a spatula.
- Deglaze the pan from red wine, allow the mixture to simmer to let the wine to reduce a bit. Add the crushed tomatoes, rosemary and sage. Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir and mix together well. Simmer for 1 hour.
- Serve over hot cooked pasta.