If you were to go on a diet, then it is most likely that you would have salmon on your menu for the nutrients it offers. Salmon is rich in omega 3 fats and vitamin B12.
It is a good source of selenium and choline as well. This makes salmon good for improving mental health and reducing cardiovascular risks.
You can eat your salmon in many ways, but to retain most of its nutritive value, the best way to prepare the fish is by baking it.
Since there is a lot of debate about the right kind of salmon. I would leave it up to you to choose the wild salmon or the farmed variant.Print
- 1 salmon filet
- 1 tbsp. melted butter
- 1/8 tsp. grill mates seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
For spicy caramelized veggies
- 2 cups mixed veggies of your choice
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp. dried pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees with the tray lined with aluminum foil. This lets the salmon get a nice and crispy skin.
- Pat dry the salmon and then pour melted butter over it. Now sprinkle all the seasoning mentioned on both the sides, so the flavors are absorbed equally.
- Press down the seasoning with your fingers slowly, so they stick to the salmon.
- Place the seasoned salmon on the tray and bake it for about 10-12 minutes.
- Now turn on the broil mode in the oven and put back the tray with salmon for another 4 minutes. This will caramelize the top and give it a beautiful look.
- For the caramelized veggies just place all your veggies in a piece of aluminum foil, add butter, some brown sugar and season it with other spices. Wrap them in the foil and bake for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Dish out the buttery baked and crispy salmon along with the veggies and have it while it is steaming hot to enjoy all the seasonings in it.
You can use both wild and farm-raised salmon. However, wild salmon tends to be tastier. Wild salmon is expensive, but farm-raised ones are more budget-friendly.