- 1lb top sirloin steak (thinly sliced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 (10 inch) wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cream-style horse radish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 small white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or broiler to high heat.
- Rub combined cumin, chili powder and garlic salt over both sides of skirt steak. Coat steak and onion slices lightly with cooking spray. Grill or broil steak and onion slices 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Slice grilled steak into thin strips; separate onion slices into rings.
- Arrange cheese in center of warm tortillas. Arrange steak and onions over tortillas; top with salsa and cilantro. Roll up; cut each in half.