Pepper jack steak wraps are loaded with sliced steak, pepper jack cheese, iceberg lettuce, pico de gallo, and a southwest sauce. These slightly spicy wraps are similar to the ones that can be found at Buffalo Wild Wings. Although this is not a copycat recipe for the pepper jack steak wraps at BWW, they are very good. The taste is similar but the southwest sauce has a different flavor than the sauce at BBW. I like to use whole wheat wraps for this recipe but you can use flour tortillas as well. Try and slice the steak as thinly as possible for the best results. The steak can be sliced first and then cooked, or the steak can be cooked whole and then sliced. I like to serve this recipe with French fries. Pepper jack steak wraps are a great option to prepare for game day. Enjoy.
- 1lb top sirloin steak (thinly sliced)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 4 (10 inch) wheat tortillas
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cream-style horse radish sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 2 plum tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 1/2 small white onion (finely chopped)
- 1 jalapeno pepper (seeded and chopped)
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- salt (to taste)
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat or broiler to high heat.
- Rub combined cumin, chili powder and garlic salt over both sides of skirt steak. Coat steak and onion slices lightly with cooking spray. Grill or broil steak and onion slices 5 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Slice grilled steak into thin strips; separate onion slices into rings.
- Arrange cheese in center of warm tortillas. Arrange steak and onions over tortillas; top with salsa and cilantro. Roll up; cut each in half.