If you love Philly Cheese steak sandwiches, you are sure to enjoy these Philly Cheese Steak dogs. These hot dogs combine all of your favorite ingredients from the classic Philly Cheese Steak onto hot dogs. This means that these hot dogs are topped with cheese sauce, steak, green pepper and onion. I grilled the hot dogs but you could boil them as well. Of course, I have to recommend going with the all beef hot dogs. For the steak, I seasoned it well with garlic powder, salt and pepper and then sautéed it in the pan. This is another perfect recipe for game day. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 4 all beef hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1lb sirloin tip steak
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 cup nacho cheese (or cheez whiz)
- Slice the steak a thinly as possible into small strips. Season the steak strips to your taste with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Heat a medium skillet to high heat. Add steak strips to the pan and cook until browned on the outside. Deglaze the pan with ½ cup water, and scrape up any bits of steak stuck to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until steak is fully cooked and the liquid has reduced to almost nothing.
- In another medium skillet add vegetable oil and heat to medium-high heat. Add green onion and peppers and sauté until tender.
- Lightly grease an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan and heat to medium-high heat. Grill hot dogs until slightly charred. While hot dogs are grilling heat nacho cheese or cheez whiz in a small pan over low heat. Toast hot dog buns cut side down on the grill until lightly browned.
- To assemble hot dogs- place each hot dog into a bun and top with cheese sauce, steak, green pepper, and onion.