- 4 all beef hot dogs
- 4 hot dog buns
- 1lb sirloin tip steak
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 green pepper (sliced)
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 1 cup nacho cheese (or cheez whiz)
- Slice the steak a thinly as possible into small strips. Season the steak strips to your taste with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Heat a medium skillet to high heat. Add steak strips to the pan and cook until browned on the outside. Deglaze the pan with ½ cup water, and scrape up any bits of steak stuck to the pan. Reduce heat and simmer until steak is fully cooked and the liquid has reduced to almost nothing.
- In another medium skillet add vegetable oil and heat to medium-high heat. Add green onion and peppers and sauté until tender.
- Lightly grease an outdoor grill or an indoor grill pan and heat to medium-high heat. Grill hot dogs until slightly charred. While hot dogs are grilling heat nacho cheese or cheez whiz in a small pan over low heat. Toast hot dog buns cut side down on the grill until lightly browned.
- To assemble hot dogs- place each hot dog into a bun and top with cheese sauce, steak, green pepper, and onion.