Grilled chicken is great when you combine it with the flavor of pineapple. The chicken is first marinated in a pineapple juice mixture and then grilled and brushed with the reserved marinade. The marinade gets a lot of flavor from the pineapple juice, soy sauce, chili sauce, garlic powder, and onion powder. This recipe is easy to prepare and if you don’t have an outdoor grill, you can use an indoor grill pan instead. If you want even grill up some pineapple slices to go with this. I topped this dish with grilled diced pineapple chunks and sliced green onion. Enjoy.
- 2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Whisk all of the marinade ingredients together in a medium bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the marinade to a sealable plastic bag and whisk in ¼ cup olive oil.
- Add the chicken, seal and marinate for 2-4 hours in the refrigerator. Refrigerate the remaining marinade separately. You will use this to glaze the chicken while grilling.
- Once the chicken is done marinating. Add the reserved glaze to a small saucepan and whisk in 2 teaspoons of cornstarch. Place on the stovetop and bring to a simmer. Whisk until thickened.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and place onto the grill. Grill the chicken on both sides for about 3-4 minutes per side.
- During the last few minutes of cooking brush the chicken on each side with the glaze, turning and brushing the chicken a few times until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F).