- 4 large baked potatoes (baked or microwaved until tender)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices of bacon (cooked until crispy and crumbled)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 green onions (sliced)
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise, scoop out the insides and discard leaving about ¼” of the shell.
- In a small bowl combine 3 tablespoons oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, parmesan cheese, and pepper. Brush mixture all over potato skins.Heat deep fryer to 365 degrees and deep fry potato skins for 5 minutes in batches. Drain on paper towels. (* to bake instead of deep fry – pre-heat oven to 475 degrees.
- Place skins in a greased baking dish and bake for 8 minutes. Turn over and bake for 8 minutes on that side.)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Place potato skins in a lightly greased baking dish and fill each skin with cheddar cheese and bacon. Divide evenly between each skin. Bake for 7 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from oven and top with sour cream and green onions.