- 2 cups prepared pulled pork
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 16 ounces cavatappi pasta
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 3 cups whole milk
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the macaroni in boiling salted water following package directions. Drain and rinse in a colander.
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C). Butter a 2 1/2- to 3-quart baking dish.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and continue cooking for 2 minutes, stirring or whisking constantly. Gradually add the milk, whisking to blend thoroughly. Cook, stirring, until thickened and smooth.
- Stir in the ground mustard, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Add 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese and cook, stirring, until melted.
- Combine the drained macaroni with the cheese sauce, blending well.
- Heat the pulled pork on the stovetop or in the microwave until hot (or as package directs if you use purchased).
- Spoon the macaroni and cheese mixture into the baking dish. Top with the pulled pork. Sprinkle the pulled pork with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, or until the casserole is hot and the cheese has melted.