One ingredient that can make meatballs moist, tender, and delicious is ricotta cheese. In this recipe the ricotta cheese is mixed right into the meatballs. The meatballs get a lot of flavor from ingredients such as garlic, ricotta cheese and breadcrumbs. You can serve these meatballs with whatever type of pasta that you like. Enjoy.
- 1lb ground beef
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup Italian parsley
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounces) jar marinara sauce
- 1 cup water
- Sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat until the onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir garlic into the onion and turn off the heat. Transfer the onion mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Mix in ground beef, ricotta cheese, parsley, egg, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper until almost combined. Stir in breadcrumbs and continue to mix until well blended.
- Roll into meatballs that are about 1 inch around. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in the skillet that was used to cook the onions in. Heat the oil to medium heat and brown the meatballs on all sides in the oil, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the marinara sauce and water over the meatballs in the skillet. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meatballs are cooked through and no longer pink inside, about 30 minutes.