Beer can chicken is most often cooked on the grill but it can be roast in the oven as well. This recipe for beer can roasted chicken is baked in the oven and full of flavor. The chicken is rubbed with a spice mixture and then placed over the beer can in a roasting pan While the chicken is roasting the steam from the beer can will escape and help to flavor the meat and make it juicy. You can serve this recipe with side dishes such as flavored rice or mashed potatoes. Enjoy.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 can of beer
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Spice rub-
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dry rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Place a roasting pan on a baking dish to prevent spilling into your oven.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the spice rub in a small bowl. Open the can of beer and pour about ¼ of it into the roasting pan and set the can of beer into the center of the pan.
- Pat dry the chicken with paper towels. Sprinkle the rub over the chicken and use your hands to work the spice mixture into the meat. Place the chicken upright over the beer can and drizzle the olive oil all over the chicken.
- Place into the oven and bake for about 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).