- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 teaspoons taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup of salsa
- 1 cup shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Lightly grease a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle taco seasoning on both sides of the chicken breasts. Place the chicken breasts into the baking sheet. Spread a layer of salsa over the top of each chicken breast.
- Place into the oven and bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 35 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). Sprinkle Colby-jack cheese evenly over each chicken breast, and continue baking for an additional 3 to 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven.
- To serve- top the chicken with any additional ingredients such a sour cream.