I find it interesting to pile all kinds of different ingredients onto hot dogs. Tacos are one of my favorite things to eat so I decided to try putting taco meat on top of all beef hot dogs. The end result was amazing. Once again, I highly recommend using all beef hot dogs because I feel they have better flavor. These hot dogs are topped with taco meat, cheese, salsa, lettuce, and tomato. You can add additional ingredients as well such guacamole and sour cream. You can cook the hot dogs however you prefer; grilling, boiling, steaming, etc. I cooked them using an indoor grill pan. Enjoy.
(Makes 8 Servings)
- 8 all beef hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- shredded Monterey jack cheese
- lettuce (shredded)
- tomato (chopped)
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, brown ground beef. Drain any excess fat. Add a ¾ cup of water and taco seasoning mix. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened. Stir often.
- Heat an indoor grill pan to medium-high heat. Place hot dogs into the pan and cook until slightly charred on the outside. Remove from the pan. Place hot dog buns into the grill pan and cook until lightly browned.
- Place hot dogs into the buns. Top each with taco meat, Monterey jack cheese, salsa, lettuce, and tomato.