Having to prepare a pizza crust can be time consuming and using French bread as the crust makes things a little easier. This recipe for taco French bread pizza is simple and yet delicious. French bread is sliced in half and spread with refried beans and topped with taco meat, cheese, tomato, black olives, and green onion. This recipe is great if you are short on time because it can be prepared quickly.
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 2 cups shredded Colby-jack cheese
- 1 small tomato (diced)
- 1 small can sliced black olives
- 4 green onions (thinly sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In a large skillet brown the ground beef over medium-high heat. Use a spatula or spoon to break the meat up into chunks while browning. Add the taco seasoning and cook according to package directions. Simmer for 10 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise. Place both of the halves onto a greased cookie sheet. Place refried beans into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir well. Spread the beans evenly over the top of the French bread halves. Top evenly with cooked taco meat. Sprinkle with cheese and then add the tomato, green onion and black olives.
- Place into the oven and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let stand 5 minutes before slicing.