If you like taco style pizza this recipe for taco pie is something that you are sure to enjoy. The best part about this recipe is the crescent roll crust. There is just something about the flavor of the taco meat and the buttery crust to goes so well together. This recipe is very simple to prepare, the cooked taco meat is piled on top of the crust and topped with sour cream, cheese, and crushed tortilla chips. You can either lay the dough into a square cake pan or onto the bottom and up the sides of a round pie dish. If you want a little different flavor, you can use crushed nacho cheese Doritos instead of the tortilla chips. You can top the taco pie with whatever ingredients you like. Some good options would be salsa, guacamole, lettuce, and tomato. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1 (8 ounces) package refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1lb ground beef
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- 1 (16 ounces) container sour cream
- 8 ounces shredded Mexican-style cheese blend
- 1 (14 ounces) bag tortilla chips (crushed)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lay crescent dough flat on the bottom of a greased square cake pan. Place into the oven and bake according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Break up the meat into chunks with a spoon or spatula while cooking. Add the taco seasoning and stir together until well mixed.
- When the dough is done, remove from the oven and spoon the taco meat over the crust in an even layer, then a spread on a layer of sour cream and a layer of cheese, and then top off with a layer of crushed tortilla chips. Return to the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted.