I saw this Italian baked shrimp all over Pinterest lately so I thought I would give it a try. The recipe is very simple – it is nothing more than raw shrimp baked in a casserole dish with butter, lemon slices, and Italian dressing mix. I was really impressed with the flavor of the shrimp when they came out of the oven. I tried mixing the shrimp and the lemon butter sauce with pasta and serving it that way, I was not very impressed with the results. The pasta mixture seemed almost flavorless. So I decided to try putting the shrimp on garlic bread and pouring some of the sauce over the garlic bread, this was delicious and I would recommend serving this dish that way. You can use any size shrimp you want for this recipe. Also, the Italian dressing mix can be found at Wal-Mart. It is the dry stuff that comes in a packet. If you are looking for an easy and delicious shrimp recipe, give this one a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 1lb raw shrimp (peeled and deveined with tails removed)
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 cup)
- 2 lemons (sliced)
- 1 (0.9 ounces) packet Italian dressing mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place butter into a small bowl and melt the butter in the microwave. Pour the butter onto the bottom of a 9×13 inch casserole dish. Layer the lemon slices on top of the butter in a single layer. Toss the raw shrimp in the Italian dressing mix and layer on top of the lemon slices and butter.
- Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until the shrimp are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees). Serve the shrimp and sauce on top of garlic toast or toasted bread.