If you are looking to try a delicious and sweet chicken sandwich, this recipe is perfect for you. These honey mustard chicken subs are loaded with grilled chicken, bacon, honey mustard sauce, lettuce, tomato, and onion! For the chicken, you can grill it, bake it, or fry it in the pan. You can save time by using pre-cooked bacon, heating it up, and then chopping it. These sandwiches are also toasted in the oven. This sandwich is very similar to the honey mustard chicken sandwich from Quiznos. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 1.5lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 12 slices bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 8 slices tomato
- 4 pieces of lettuce
- ½ medium onion (chopped)
- 4 sub rolls
- Honey Mustard Sauce-
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ tablespoon lemon juice
- To make the honey mustard dressing- in a bowl whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, honey, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Store covered in the refrigerator until needed.
- Season chicken breasts on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook the chicken using your method of choice (grilling, stovetop, oven) until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees). Allow the chicken to cool and chop it into small chunks. Chop the cooked crispy bacon until pieces. In a large bowl mix together the chicken and bacon pieces.
- Pre-heat the oven to 300 degrees. Split the sub rolls and lay them onto a baking sheet. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the honey mustard dressing onto one side of the inside of the sub roll. Fill each sub roll with even amounts of the chicken and bacon mixture. Top with 2 slices of Swiss cheese. Place into the oven and bake at 300 degrees for 10 minutes (or longer if you want them toasted more).
- Remove from the oven. Top the subs with 2 slices of tomato, 2 slices of onion, 1 piece of lettuce, and additional honey mustard sauce.