Tater tots replace the need for hash browns in this delicious breakfast casserole recipe. This casserole consists of meat, cheese, eggs, and tater tots layered and then baked in the oven. For the meat, you can use whatever choice of breakfast meats you would prefer—some good choices would be cooked breakfast sausage, bacon, and ham. This is a good starter recipe and you can add additional breakfast ingredients if you choose. Sautéed onions, green peppers, and mushrooms would be a good option. This casserole can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
Tater Tot Breakfast Casserole Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1lb ground pork breakfast sausage
- 1/2lb bacon (diced)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 2lbs frozen tater tots
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Add the diced bacon and cook until browned and crispy. Drain on paper towels. Drain any excess grease.
- To the same skillet add the ground pork breakfast sausage and cook while chopping up into chunks with a spatula until browned and fully cooked. Drain any excess fat.
- In a large bowl whisk together the eggs and milk.
- Spray a 9×13” baking dish with cooking spray. Spread the cooked sausage and cooked crispy bacon onto the bottom of the casserole dish in an even layer. Add the shredded cheddar cheese over the meats.
- Pour the beaten eggs over the cheese and top with frozen tater tots.
Place into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
Wednesday 18th of December 2013
This is so tasty! It went fast when I prepared it for a Thanksgiving-morning football game with my extended family.
Thursday 14th of November 2013
I followed the recipe to the T and it turned out perfect! And it came out looking amazing as well. It's so tasty. Salty, creamy and cheesy! So good!