Here is another great wings recipe for your game day party, teriyaki boneless wings. This recipe uses the classic breading of egg and a seasoned flour mixture. Pieces of chicken are coated with the egg and flour and then deep-fried until golden brown. The fried boneless wings are then served with a teriyaki sauce. The teriyaki sauce is nothing more than a simple combination of soy sauce, pineapple juice, sugar, and honey. Once the wings are coated with the sauce I like to add some sesame seeds on top for a garnish. These boneless wings make a great appetizer. Perhaps you like a more tradition bone-in wings recipe? If so, see my recipe for teriyaki chicken wings. Enjoy.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1” chunks)
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- toasted sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F. In a large bowl combine flour, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. In a small bowl whisk together the egg and milk. Dip each piece of chicken first in the egg mixture, and then roll in the flour mixture. Repeat so that each piece of chicken is double coated. Refrigerate the breaded chicken for 20 minutes (or a little longer for crispier coating).
- Fry chicken in the hot oil in batches until the outside is nicely browned and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.), about 5 minutes per batch. Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all of the chicken is gone.
- While the chicken is cooking, combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, and sugar in a small saucepan. Mix well and cook over medium heat. After a few minutes stir in the honey. Continue to cook until the mixture began to thicken. Remove from heat and the mixture will thicken more as it cools.
- In a large bowl toss the cooked chicken pieces with the sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.