- All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Cold butter – 5 tbsp, cut into cubes
- Cold Vegetable shortening – ¼ cup, cut into cubes
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Ice water – 3 to 5 tbsp
- Pulse all-purpose flour and salt using a food processor just to incorporate.
- Now add-in those butter cubes and vegetable shortenings and pulse it until the butter gets smaller (size of peas) and evenly distributed.
- Add 1 tbsp of ice water and pulse it till the dough binds together when pinched between fingers.
- Transfer this into a work area dusted with flour and combine it to form a disk.
- Wrap the dough using a cling wrap and refrigerate it for an hour before using it.
- This is an easy no-fail recipe. If you take all of those ingredients cold, it will just take minutes to nail it.
- Whenever you need a pie, just take them off the freezer and pop it into the refrigerator just to defrost till you finish your work and for dinner, you can make the perfect pie.