An essential part of any summer cookout is a good side dish, and what better of a side dish then a cold salad? This tuna pasta salad is perfect for those warm summer days. This can be made with little effort and is sure to please almost everyone. The dressing is a basic combination of mayonnaise, Italian dressing, sugar and black pepper. You can add additional ingredients such as green onions and cheese if you like. For your next cook-out give this cold salad a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)
- 1 (12 ounces) package macaroni
- 3 tomatoes (seeded and diced)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1 (12 ounces) can tuna fish (drained)
- 1 ½ cups light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon creamy Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 pinch black pepper
- In a large pot of salted water, bring to a boil, add pasta and cook until al dente. Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In a large bowl combine pasta, tomatoes, celery, and tuna. In a medium bowl whisk together mayonnaise, creamy Italian, sugar, and pepper.
- Add to pasta mixture, mix together well and refrigerate for 1 hour.