- 8 slices French bread
- 4 slices roast deli turkey
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- ground black pepper (to taste)
- Heat a large skillet or griddle to medium heat. Spread butter one side of the bread and place butter side down onto the griddle. Place 1 slice of cheese on top of the bread. Layer 2 slices of turkey on top of the cheese and top with an additional slice of cheese.
- Add the other bread slice and butter the top. Cook until golden brown on the bottom, flip and cook until golden brown on the other side. Repeat with remaining sandwiches.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Whisk in the flour and cook for 2-3 minutes, be careful not to burn the butter. Add the chicken broth a little at a time, while whisking. Cook until the gravy has thickened. Season with pepper.
- Dip the sandwiches into the gravy for serving.